8.1 Certification Kit v3.3 Results show incorrect Publisher name and GUID for app name

Question

• The Windows App Certification Kit - Test Results page shows my Windows 8.1 Pro UserID and not the Publisher name under "App publisher". It also shows the GUID for the application tested instead of either it's internal name or publishing name.

Additionally, The "Store" menu (VS Express 2013 for Windows) only shows the Windows Certification Kit menu item, nothing else. So no way provided to produce an uploadable package for the Store!

-Mark

Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark - I'm not sure I understand the whole issue here.  Honest question: does it matter if the WACK has the actual publisher name rather than the currently-logged in user?

I'm not sure if the VS2013 Express version has the upload tool built-in.  I believe you can still do this via the dashboard itself.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, August 04, 2014 7:34 PM
  • The only issue that I really see is reliability of the tool.

If it can't get simple things right, like names,how can anyone believe it can handle knowing if an app is ready to submit to the store? Sloppy programming leads to all kinds of mistakes.

-Mark

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 3:35 PM