Is it possible to transfer ASP.NET_SessionId from one machine to other? RRS feed

• Question

• User-300120154 posted

In my browser I copied ASP.NET_SessionId cookie and paste it to another machines browser.In that case will all sessiondata of first machine goes to second machine's session data?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:52 AM

Answers

• User377079393 posted

hi,

If you are accessing the application which is hosted on the same server, there is a chance of accessing the session data by its session_Id.

But i think you need to handle it explicityly.

Any way while you access the server it will also consider additional information which is stored in the cookie while handling your request, 

so cookie info should aslo be the same.

More over once the browser is closed the session info will be destroyed both in server and client browser, so some conflits may raise.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 9:25 AM

All replies

• User1288683547 posted

not possible

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:54 AM
  • User377079393 posted

hi,

If you are accessing the application which is hosted on the same server, there is a chance of accessing the session data by its session_Id.

But i think you need to handle it explicityly.

Any way while you access the server it will also consider additional information which is stored in the cookie while handling your request, 

so cookie info should aslo be the same.

More over once the browser is closed the session info will be destroyed both in server and client browser, so some conflits may raise.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 9:25 AM