none
SSRS - Multi-Value Parameter with Duplicate Values Not Selected RRS feed

• Question

• I have a multi-value parameter. It has values like 'cty-New York', 'cty-Boston', 'Ctry-USA', 'ctry-China'. etc

It has city and country values with 'cty' and 'ctry' as prefixes.

But when i give these as default values for a multi-value parameter then only first value of each group are getting selected

for ex: 'cty- New York' and 'ctry-USA' are selected. The rest values are not selected.

Please help..

Monday, February 1, 2016 8:35 PM

Answers

• Hi gangarocks,

According to your description, it seems that city and country fields exist in your report. Then you create a multivalued report parameter, specify its available values and default values with “cty” and “ctry” prefixed. When you run the report, The parameter only select two values “cty- New York” and “ctry-USA” automatically, right?

In Reporting Services, all specified report parameter default values will be selected automatically when running the report. In your scenario, it seems that you are using the one report parameter to filter two fields, why not create two parameters to filter those two fields? One parameter with “cty-New York”, “cty-Boston” values, filter city field. The other with “Ctry-USA”, “ctry-China”, filter country field.

If I misunderstand your issue, please share report design and expected results. It would be better if you could share some images.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:43 AM

All replies

• You need to specify values from your query to get all the values listed.

How are you getting the value of the parameter ? Can you show the definition of your parameter with screenshots?

• Edited by MLTC Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:12 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:12 AM
  • Hi gangarocks,

According to your description, it seems that city and country fields exist in your report. Then you create a multivalued report parameter, specify its available values and default values with “cty” and “ctry” prefixed. When you run the report, The parameter only select two values “cty- New York” and “ctry-USA” automatically, right?

In Reporting Services, all specified report parameter default values will be selected automatically when running the report. In your scenario, it seems that you are using the one report parameter to filter two fields, why not create two parameters to filter those two fields? One parameter with “cty-New York”, “cty-Boston” values, filter city field. The other with “Ctry-USA”, “ctry-China”, filter country field.

If I misunderstand your issue, please share report design and expected results. It would be better if you could share some images.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:43 AM