Windows App Certification Badge Logo rules RRS feed

• Question

• So,

I'm trying to upload my app to the store and I get the following error:

Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-100.png" has an ABGR value "0xFFB4A58D" at position (4, 4) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).

I change that pixel to white as it suggests and then I get the following error:

Image reference "Assets\BadgeLogo.png": The image "Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-100.png" has an ABGR value "0xFFB4A58D" at position (5, 4) that is not valid. The pixel must be white (##FFFFFF) or transparent (00######).

I really don't want to change my icon one pixel at a time until it gets accepted. Likewise, I cant find anywhere any description of which pixels on which icons need to be white. Can anybody please point me to a resource that explains the requirements?

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

So far as I'm concerned,the badge logo can only contain white or transparent color to work properly unlike the other image assets.Because the badge will be visible on the lock screen for notification not on your tile.

You might delete the badge logo from your assets and make it without background color.

Best regards!

• Edited by DeFtHere Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:10 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Are you telling me that the *entire* logo has to be either white or transparent? Whats the point of that?
    Friday, August 12, 2016 3:47 PM
  • Yes, there are really only white or transparent pixels allowed in the entire logo! Tooked me a few moments to realize this from the error message. 
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:16 AM