Master Page error in CustomNewForm.aspx RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I create CustomList for NewForm.aspx for my sharepoint list in Sharepoint Designer 2007,and I want to redirect users to (for example) Confirm.aspx page after commit, for this:

In CustomNewForm.aspx, delete both sharepoint button,instead put  “Form Action Button”

in toolbox->SharepointControls. And select commit and navigate to page for form action button ,

Everything is OK, except when I save my CustomListForm , I cant see design page and show me this error:

“The page contain markup that is not valid when attached to a master page.

Correct the problem in code view.”

i also read this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointcustomization/thread/ad7aff8e-c059-4df2-acb8-121f0583e5f5 but it can't solve my problem.

I’m really confused L I’m very appreciated if anyone can help me.

Thanx a lot.

Sunday, July 17, 2011 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have a test in my local and it works fine, I cannot reproduce the issue.

You can check the code view in SharePoint Designer, whether it has redundant <SCRIPT/> tag and comment like <%--comment--%>, if so, move them.

If it persists, I suggest that create a new page, add the elements in your failing page one at a time to your new page, as close as you can manage to cutting and pasting from one to the next but one change at a time. At some point you can see the error arise in the new page, then please provide more information about when the error arise.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, August 8, 2011 1:07 PM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have a test in my local and it works fine, I cannot reproduce the issue.

You can check the code view in SharePoint Designer, whether it has redundant <SCRIPT/> tag and comment like <%--comment--%>, if so, move them.

If it persists, I suggest that create a new page, add the elements in your failing page one at a time to your new page, as close as you can manage to cutting and pasting from one to the next but one change at a time. At some point you can see the error arise in the new page, then please provide more information about when the error arise.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, August 8, 2011 1:07 PM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:28 PM
  • Hi Qiao,

Thanx for your reply. Your guess is right. There is a redundant  <SCRIPT/>  tag in my code view, when I Comment it, I can see design  view.

But why this happen? Why this redundant  <SCRIPT/>  tag is create?

My users in our organization have this problem too and It’s not logical to say them ,"you have to comment this tag!" It’s hard job for them!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:56 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting back!

As many users have this issue, the redundant <SCRIPT/> tag may be introduced by SharePoint Designer. I’m sorry to say that you need to remove the tag manually.

Do you have any upgrade of the version of SharePoint Designer? It may be one version of the SharePoint Designer puts an unnecessary <SCRIPT/> tag into a form field, that a subsequent version is not able to parse.

Here is a similar thread, for more information, please refer to:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointcustomization/thread/184a40da-01f0-44a0-a90b-0e719132eae0

Thanks,

Qiao Wei

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:39 PM
  • Thanks Qiao,

No I don’t upgrade version of sharepoint designer,but I install update patches in MOSS.

It’s really interesting that I have this problem in sharepoint designer for some sites not all of them.

Dou you think if I install another version of sharepoint designer 2007, my problem will be solve?

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:18 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for my late reply.

I’m sorry to say that I’m not sure whether it will be solved when installing another version of SharePoint Designer, there are many built-in settings in development tool, I haven’t found any official documents to expound it.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei

Monday, August 8, 2011 1:02 PM