Using in app purchases

Question

• I'm using the CurrentAppSimulator to test my in app purchases but they aren't staying when I restart the app. Is it supposed to do that? Also how can I use a windows phone 8.1 emulator to simulate an in app purchase? I had to edit the proxy file for the Windows 8.1 app which worked fine(besides not staying there).
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:44 PM

Answers

• This is expected. The CurrentAppSimulator always loads its data from the proxy file used to initialize it. Simulated purchases are valid for the current run but are not saved for future runs. They will always reset to the contents of the proxy when initialized.

Once the app is published the CurrentApp purchases will be saved permanently.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:57 PM
    Owner

All replies

• This is expected. The CurrentAppSimulator always loads its data from the proxy file used to initialize it. Simulated purchases are valid for the current run but are not saved for future runs. They will always reset to the contents of the proxy when initialized.

Once the app is published the CurrentApp purchases will be saved permanently.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:57 PM
    Owner
  • thank you for the clarification. That should be in the documentation. Any ideas on simulating a purchase on the phone?
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 1:10 AM
  • Windows Runtime apps use the CurrentAppSimulator on both Windows and Windows Phone.
    Friday, March 13, 2015 1:27 AM
    Owner
  • For the windows 8 app I change the proxy file in the app's appdata folder. Where is the proxy folder for the 8.1 phone emulator?
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 12:29 PM