Flicks (gestures) and screen rotation sensor not working

Question

• I have installed Windows Developer Preview x64 on MSI WindPad 110W. Almost all hardware detected and works. Only few features missing:

1. Orientation sensor - screen does not rotated.

2. Control Panel - pen and touch - flicks. Trying practice using fingers and it report "you cannot use a mouse to perform a flick". Gestures like jumplist (touch icon on classic taskbar and swipe up), back, forward - do not work.

I have no idea, is it driver missing or this feature disabled.  In Win7 there was no additional driver for that.

Anyone have same issue on other tablets?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:04 AM

Answers

• Dmitry- can you please open device manager (Start-->Run-->Devmgmt.msc) and look under the "Sensors" node? If you do not see an accelerometer sensor under that device class, then it's likely that MSI did not provide a driver that integrates with the sensor platform, or does not have an accelerometer (hardware).

Thanks,
    Gavin

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:34 PM

All replies

• 3. Right mouse click simulation using 2 fingers does not work too.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:09 AM
  • Dmitry- can you please open device manager (Start-->Run-->Devmgmt.msc) and look under the "Sensors" node? If you do not see an accelerometer sensor under that device class, then it's likely that MSI did not provide a driver that integrates with the sensor platform, or does not have an accelerometer (hardware).

Thanks,
    Gavin

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:34 PM
  • I have the same issue with flicks and right click on my HP tx2 tablet using N-trig drivers. Everything else works fine with 4 touchpoints.

It says "you cannot use a mouse to perform a flick". In Windows 7 it was working.

If I use the stylus pen flicks and right click are working.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:18 AM