Modal Window Picker customisation RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a Modal Window Picker to allow users to search a large lookup list (~17,000) entries.  I would also like them to be able to add a new entry if the one they search for does not exist.  Some Beth Massi (yay!) information has shown me how to add a button/link to do this.  But the button is on every row in the grid.  Can I have a single button in the header area (perhaps near the search box) which lets me invoke the AddNew screen?

Summary, can I add buttons to the Modal Picker Window that are not replicated in every row of data?

Paul Linton

Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

I'd like to know the information provided by Beth Massi about this operation.

Based on my understanding, I think it can be completed with some modification in your initial code.

Besides, I am a newbie to Lightswitch and I want to we can learn and help from each other.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:36 PM
  • The Data Grid should have a Command Bar at its topmost control that you can add buttons to that should only appear once.  Likewise, if you choose "Add Data Item.." and create a new Method, you can drag that button anywhere outside of the Data Grid in the Modal Window at it should appear only once too.
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:46 AM
  • I can't see a data grid.

• Suburb (Modal Window Picker)
      • Command Bar
        • Button (Add Suburb) - this appears on the main form, not the modal window
      • Columns Layout - This is the body of the 'Modal Window'
        • Command Bar
          • Button (Add Suburb) - this appears on every row of the modal window
        • Name - Label
        • Postcode - Label
        • State - Label

The Beth Massi post 

Paul Linton

Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:07 AM