Rotation of the user control in my Windows Store app

Question

• Hi everyone

I am making a Windows 8.1 app . I am struck up at a specific problem. 

My problem is I have to add a rotation in my user control when it reaches the top of the page.

Here is my code sample that can be downloaded and here is the video of the android version where we can get the rotation understanding.

I need to rotate the user control exactly the way it has been done in the Android app

I am completely clueless about this. 

To operate the app , download it , run it on simulator , click/tap at a certain place , my user control appears and it clips the region around my finger and keeps moving with my finger.

Apoorv Kumar Upadhyay

Monday, April 13, 2015 11:55 AM

All replies

• That's a rotate transform in conjunction with moving the location of the item on a canvas.  You should be able to figure it out from samples available on these topics.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, April 13, 2015 9:11 PM
  • Hi ,

I understand that it has a RotationTransfrom property but I am unable to implement that way. The thing is , it is slowly turning towards the corners and when I apply transforms at a given angle , it rotates simpultaneously !

If you have time , I have code attached , Can you look into it

its been a daunting task to reach where I am in the current project ! some help is needed from the community and people like you

thanks

Apoorv Kumar Upadhyay

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:21 AM