none
This Assembler cannot retrieve a document specification using this type: "html". BizTalk 2010 SMTP Adaptor RRS feed

• Question

• In a previous post, I thought I had this resolved by clearing the GAC.  It is not resolved and I cannot figure out what is going on to resolve it.

(http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkr2adapters/thread/dce72d2c-43da-40c0-b47d-c61d12224395)

I am sending a multipart message to a dynamic port with html as the raw string email body and a flat file as an attachment.

I periodically get the below error.  In the past, clearing the GAC, Deleting the Application, and completely re-installing has resolved the issue.  It no longer resolves it.  I am not sure what else to do.

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        BizTalk Server
    Date:          3/27/2013 3:52:02 PM
    Event ID:      5754
    Task Category: BizTalk Server
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      {computername}
    Description:
    A message sent to adapter "SMTP" on send port "BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts_1.0.0.0_BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts.BAMAlert_ERPOrders_EmailPort_be3013815deaefc7" with URI "mailto:email.persson@mailserver.com" is suspended.
     Error details: There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts.Pipeline.SendFlatFile, BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be3013815deaefc7" Source: "Flat file assembler" Send Port: "BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts_1.0.0.0_BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts.BAMAlert_ERPOrders_EmailPort_be3013815deaefc7" URI: "mailto:email.person@emailserver.com" Reason: This Assembler cannot retrieve a document specification using this type: "html".  
     MessageId:  {ECA559F6-2200-4155-9AD9-905714117B53}
     InstanceID: {46B4F6D0-AFA9-4BAC-ADAF-F49D6E52960E}
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="BizTalk Server" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="49344">5754</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>1</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-27T19:52:02.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>340467</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>{computername}</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>{ECA559F6-2200-4155-9AD9-905714117B53}</Data>
        <Data>{46B4F6D0-AFA9-4BAC-ADAF-F49D6E52960E}</Data>
        <Data>SMTP</Data>
        <Data>mailto:email.person@emailserver.com</Data>
        <Data>BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts_1.0.0.0_BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts.BAMAlert_ERPOrders_EmailPort_be3013815deaefc7</Data>
        <Data>There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts.Pipeline.SendFlatFile, BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be3013815deaefc7" Source: "Flat file assembler" Send Port: "BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts_1.0.0.0_BTNextGen.Biztalk.BAMAlerts.BAMAlert_ERPOrders_EmailPort_be3013815deaefc7" URI: "mailto:email.person@emailserver.com" Reason: This Assembler cannot retrieve a document specification using this type: "html".  </Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

mp

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:16 PM

Answers

• This issue is resolved. 

The Message was a multipart message with html body and a flat file attachment.  The Dynamic port was set to use a flat file assembler pipeline, which in a way might make sense since there was a flat file attachment, but proved to be incorrect.

It needed to be a pass through.  Apparently, it was trying to run the assembler on the email body, hence the error using type "html".

As soon as the pipeline for the dynamic port was changed to pass through, everything flowed just fine.  Since the pipeline for a dynamic port can be specified at design time, it probably got changed there, but then when older bindings were imported (during re-install attempts) it was reverted to its proper setting and worked properly.  That's why new installs would "break" it, but reinstalls (using older bindings) would "fix" it.

I hope this helps someone else.

mp

• Marked as answer by MarvinPerkins Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:12 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:12 PM

All replies

• This issue is resolved. 

The Message was a multipart message with html body and a flat file attachment.  The Dynamic port was set to use a flat file assembler pipeline, which in a way might make sense since there was a flat file attachment, but proved to be incorrect.

It needed to be a pass through.  Apparently, it was trying to run the assembler on the email body, hence the error using type "html".

As soon as the pipeline for the dynamic port was changed to pass through, everything flowed just fine.  Since the pipeline for a dynamic port can be specified at design time, it probably got changed there, but then when older bindings were imported (during re-install attempts) it was reverted to its proper setting and worked properly.  That's why new installs would "break" it, but reinstalls (using older bindings) would "fix" it.

I hope this helps someone else.

mp

• Marked as answer by MarvinPerkins Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:12 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:12 PM
  • Hi,

Very glad to hear that you have resolved your issue and thank you for sharing your solution. That will help others who meet the same issue.

Best wishes,

Catherine
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 29, 2013 7:26 AM