none
App Masking always hiding no matter what Rule Assignment RRS feed

• Question

• When I use Apps Rule Editor to test some rules it always hide, no matter what Assignment I use. 

For example:

Hide Rule : C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Assignment : Everyone --> Applies --> NO

When I select "Apply Rules to System" the above executable is hidden. Also when I use AD groups I have the same result.

I want to achieve to hide an application for everyone and visible for users who are member of a certain AD group. This should be done by these assignment, but no luck yet:

Everyone: Yes

Domain\Group : NO

I use version: 2.9.717.27413

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hello!

I had the same behavior and after some research I understood that this button is to literally "Apply Rules to System", no matter how you setup the permission groups. It's used as part of the rule configuration.

There's a video from Jim Moyle explaining how it works and providing some real case examples. Search for this on YouTube: FSLogix Application Masking - Advanced Hiding of Project and Visio

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Fabio

• Proposed as answer by Kasper Johansen Thursday, October 3, 2019 6:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Brian Olthof Tuesday, October 8, 2019 12:09 PM
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hello!

I had the same behavior and after some research I understood that this button is to literally "Apply Rules to System", no matter how you setup the permission groups. It's used as part of the rule configuration.

There's a video from Jim Moyle explaining how it works and providing some real case examples. Search for this on YouTube: FSLogix Application Masking - Advanced Hiding of Project and Visio

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Fabio

• Proposed as answer by Kasper Johansen Thursday, October 3, 2019 6:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Brian Olthof Tuesday, October 8, 2019 12:09 PM
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:52 PM
  • Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your quick answer. I watched the video and it's correct like you said, that button is to apply to the system no matter what. 

Does the order of installation could be a problem? 

I install the FSLogix agent on my PVS image during boot to keep the image clean and it's easier to update some application quick when there is a new version. If an other application is installed after the agent or before, does this has any effect?

For instance:

1. Office is installed in the base image 

2. MS Teams installed (during reboot)

3. FSLogix installed (during reboot)

Office is available for me as I'm allowed, Teams not which I'm also allowed to use.

Thanks!

Friday, October 4, 2019 11:52 AM