none
i already make a game and test well, how to upload my game to windows store ?

Question

• i made my game by using visual studio 2008, after windows 10 released, i wish to publish my game to the windows store.

and i registered a windows dev center account, begin to fill some info in dashboard.

the most important step is to upload your package and it has to be .xap or .appx or xappbundle or .appxupload format.

i already package my game by using inno setup. and the setup application is .exe format.

after read https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/mt148525.aspx and other link inside this topic,  i still have no clue to make the .appx or .appxupload format package.

any any help would be appreciated.

BTW. my game only support desktop computer.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 4:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

you can upload your game to the Store using Project Centennial, that enables existing Classic Windows applications (Win32, .NET, COM) to be part of the Store ecosystem of Windows 10.

The tools are not yet available, but you can watch this video from Build 2015 to get started.

Best,

Lorenzo

Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:09 PM
  • thanks for reply.

seems like Project Centennial is the most simplest way to do this.

i used to thought .appx format just another application setup format like msi. turns out it's much more complex.

before Project Centennial publish, i have to looking for another solution.

if i switch my game to vs2013 , it's much more easy,right?

Friday, August 14, 2015 1:02 PM
  • To publish in the Store you can:

- Wait Centennial (i don't know if then will be available only on PCs)

- Rewrite the game as a Windows 10 Universal app

I think the second solution is better, because in this way the game can be used on all windows 10 devices (phone, tablets, PCs).

Friday, August 14, 2015 2:58 PM