Blank design for Windows Store apps and Windows Phone apps

Question

• For a couple of days I can no longer see any controls in the design view when creating Windows Store apps and Windows Phone apps.

I create a new Windows Store project, made an orange background and all I see is transparent (white and gray checkered pattern). Also when I add a control the design is blank.

I have searched the internet for days, more people have the same issue, but no solution is available or did work for me.

I use VS 2013 (update 2 since yesterday, but the problem with blank design was earlier) and W8.1.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Pauline

Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:53 AM

All replies

• Do you get any errors or do the items just not show up?

Do you have the designer set to an appropriate size and centred?

Do you get the same behavior in Blend as in Visual Studio?

Does repairing or reinstalling VS help?

Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:28 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for your reply.

I do not get any errors and the size of the Designer is OK.

I didn't try Blend, because that's new for me. But I wil try that tomorrow.

I also run 'devenv /resetuserdata', but that didn't help.

I repaired VS 2013 several times, installed it completely from scratch, installed W8.1 again, all didn't help. I'm getting desperate.

What I see in the Designer is what you see here, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21439072/visual-studio-design-view-not-working.

Any other ideas?

• Edited by PSK nl Friday, May 16, 2014 9:02 PM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 9:01 PM
  • I tried Blend, but it gives me a black and white screen, no items on the designer. Also, the menu won't work. I can click on the items, but nothing happens.

Saturday, May 17, 2014 2:36 PM
  • I can't think of anything offhand that would cause this and would survive a complete reinstall. That does suggest something beyond the app itself though.

You may need to open a support case (http://aka.ms/storesupport ) to have somebody work directly with you on this.

--Rob

Friday, May 30, 2014 12:38 AM
    Owner