Is this a response header? RRS feed

• Question

• User508345408 posted

Hey all,

First time poster and hopefully the right section. I have an issue with a website the company is hosting. This was a website that was hosted on 2k3 and I am trying to transition it to 2k8r2. I have almost completed the migration (this was a long process because of a program called west wind web connection and a fox pro database), and I had 2 issues; 1 of them I have been able to resolve.

Essentially we are a logistics company we allow customers to place orders online. In doing so a pricing quotation is available for them to see what they will be charged for using our services. Initially after the migration occurred, response headers were being placed into the new window. I successfully removed those but now my last issue is this:

That highlighted crap shouldn't be there. This didn't happen on 2k3. Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Sunday, August 19, 2018 4:36 PM

All replies

• User690216013 posted

Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

Modify the code and let it work for latest Windows/IIS.

Sunday, August 19, 2018 5:07 PM
  • User508345408 posted

Are you referring to the website code? How does that have an effect on this?

I should mention that this webpage is hosted on linux, I have to use IIS for web connection since it doesn't work on linux. Yes its weird its a linux server hitting an IIS server for orders because the database is so damn old.

Sunday, August 19, 2018 6:00 PM
  • User690216013 posted

I should mention that this webpage is hosted on linux, I have to use IIS for web connection since it doesn't work on linux. Yes its weird its a linux server hitting an IIS server for orders because the database is so damn old.

If the web page is hosted on Linux (like Apache?), you don't need "IIS for web connection". Please try to illustrate your setup with more details.

Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:47 PM
  • User508345408 posted

Unfortunately yes you do. Foxpro can't communicate naturally via html so it has to use a translator called "web connection".

Yes our linux page hosts our web order entry that runs on apache but behind the scenes, the linux box pushes the orders and generates the order numbers from the fox pro database. So the linux box will inject the order via this program called web connection which will then give a number for the customers to track their orders.

It is a little convoluted but its a work in progress migrating from one to another. Most of the companies internal infrastructure operates on fox pro which is ancient as hell.

If something doesnt make sense I will try and elaborate again.

Thanks

Sunday, August 19, 2018 9:06 PM
  • User690216013 posted

Yes our linux page hosts our web order entry that runs on apache but behind the scenes, the linux box pushes the orders and generates the order numbers from the fox pro database. So the linux box will inject the order via this program called web connection which will then give a number for the customers to track their orders.

Sounds like you have an app running on Apache, while another app running on IIS, and the two share the same FoxPro backend database.

If so, focus on the actual source code of that page showing the unwanted characters. Whether it belongs to the app on Apache or the one on IIS, its code base would tell from where those characters come from, and only then you can find a way to fix it.

Ancient code was written without the knowledge of future platform upgrades, so it is not surprising the same code runs on a platform like Windows Server 2003 but break on a later Windows release.

Monday, August 20, 2018 12:24 AM
  • User508345408 posted

Sounds like you have an app running on Apache, while another app running on IIS, and the two share the same FoxPro backend database.

If so, focus on the actual source code of that page showing the unwanted characters. Whether it belongs to the app on Apache or the one on IIS, its code base would tell from where those characters come from, and only then you can find a way to fix it.

This is the other portion of info I had forgotten to mention as it didn't trigger anything until I read your post.

Linux just runs apache + Mysql but when the customers hits "send/dispatch", it immediately pushes the info to the internal IP address of the server running IIS to get an order number. Every night the information gets deleted from the MySql database and repopulated with the information from the fox pro database.

I am not quite following what you are saying on the web page portion of the site. How would a web page affect later versions of windows it its the browser doing most of the work?

Thanks

Monday, August 20, 2018 12:31 PM