Card Selector Stops loading RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I my card selector has suddenly stopped loading with the following error in the event log of the client machine (error appears twice for each failure):

An error occurred when communicating with the Windows CardSpace service. Validation of the caller's identity failed.

additional Information:

at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)

at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()

at Microsoft.InfoCards.Diagnostics.InfoCardTrace.BuildMessage(InfoCardBaseException ie)

at Microsoft.InfoCards.Diagnostics.InfoCardTrace.TraceAndLogException(Exception e)

at Microsoft.InfoCards.Diagnostics.InfoCardTrace.ThrowHelperError(Exception e)

at Microsoft.InfoCards.ClientRequest.Authorize(IntPtr rpcIfHandle, IntPtr context)

The first time it happened a reboot made it go away. Now it seems to be back to stay. Has anyone else had similar problem or any suggestions where to look?

I couldnt find anything searching the forum or on google

Thanks

Adrian

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:15 PM

All replies

• This error usually means that someone's touched the CardSpace binaries and the signatured that signed the binaries aren't valid anymore.

Have you tried reinstalling .NET Framework 3.0?
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:08 AM
  • Toland

I tried a repair on the framework but that didnt sort it out. Its a development machine and I am actively developing a cardspace solution but I dont think I have done anything (intentionally) with the cardspace binaries. Is there a way I can check this? Also, the error intially dispeared after a reboot and the test application started working agin?

Cheers

Adrian

Saturday, July 21, 2007 9:55 PM
  • To further confuse this - I returned from a few days break today to restart me computer and find ...its all working again
    Monday, July 23, 2007 1:18 PM