none
Application page as welcome page RRS feed

Answers

• I think the way to do this is to use a publishing redirect page as the welcome page, and redirect to the application page you want
    • Proposed as answer by Stefan BauerMVP Friday, December 17, 2010 5:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Stanfford Liu Friday, December 24, 2010 6:14 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 4:51 PM
  • What if you set PublishingAssociatedContentType to welcome page? Would that work? It seems the limitation is on the browse for page button (looking into the db and not the file system and also validating on this assumption if url is entered directly).  An option similar to redirection is page viewer webpart (but need to hide top navigation on parent page since the content will show in an IFRAME).
    AK
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:43 AM

All replies

• If you have created your application page and it works (ex. by navigating to http://Server_Name /_layouts/Project_Name /ApplicationPage.aspx), then you can go to the site settings of your site (or site collection), and under Look and Feel - Welcome Page: type or browse the url of your app page. Notice there is a feature that activates wiki page as welcome page, so watch for activating it after your own app page.
    AK
    Friday, December 17, 2010 2:51 PM
  • Thanks AK but you can't use application page as welcome page , when add application page url in box of welcome page setting , it not accept this kind of page ! i add some javascript code in my home page that redirect page to my application page !
    Friday, December 17, 2010 3:41 PM
  • I think the way to do this is to use a publishing redirect page as the welcome page, and redirect to the application page you want
    • Proposed as answer by Stefan BauerMVP Friday, December 17, 2010 5:20 PM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 4:51 PM
  • What if you set PublishingAssociatedContentType to welcome page? Would that work? It seems the limitation is on the browse for page button (looking into the db and not the file system and also validating on this assumption if url is entered directly).  An option similar to redirection is page viewer webpart (but need to hide top navigation on parent page since the content will show in an IFRAME).
    AK
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:43 AM