none
How to get sourceInterfaceIndex at FWPM_LAYER_INBOUND_IPPACKET_V4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone and Dusty,

1. I install a callout at FWPM_LAYER_INBOUND_IPPACKET_V4 with no particular condition, so I assume it is installed and active for all NICs of the computer. Is it correct?

2. In the classify fn, inMetaValues->sourceInterfaceIndex is always 0, all other useful fields are ok. How can I get the interface index that received the current packet?

Thanks for your help,

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:07 PM

Answers

• 1) Yes.  A filter with no conditions affects all interfaces & all traffic seen at that layer.
    2) sourceInterfaceIndex is populated for the DISCARD.  To see that interface index @ the non-discard layer, look in the FWPS_INCOMING_VALUES ( incomingValues->incomingData[FWPS_FIELD_INBOUND_IPPACKET_V4_INTERFACE_INDEX].value.uint32 )

Hope this helps,

Dusty Harper [MSFT]
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:04 AM

All replies

• 1) Yes.  A filter with no conditions affects all interfaces & all traffic seen at that layer.
    2) sourceInterfaceIndex is populated for the DISCARD.  To see that interface index @ the non-discard layer, look in the FWPS_INCOMING_VALUES ( incomingValues->incomingData[FWPS_FIELD_INBOUND_IPPACKET_V4_INTERFACE_INDEX].value.uint32 )

Hope this helps,

Dusty Harper [MSFT]
    Microsoft Corporation
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:04 AM
  • Hi OlivierMSDN

Do you know in this http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wfp/thread/179f70b1-c24c-4741-a854-c787e686839e

If you known or do it , share with me , plzz.

Thank you .

Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:53 PM
  • Thanks Dusty, this problem is solved.

Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:25 PM