none
Need to restrict Users other than administrator from getting access to Control panel & task manager.in windows server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Admins,

Being new to windows server 2008 i am totally confused as how to stop other users from accessing the control panel & task manager. I tried to stop there access through regedit...HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.Actually System wasn't there so i created it & sets its value to 0 but the problem after doing this was that even i as administrator was not able to access task manager,it even get blocked for me too...Also, i m not able to understand why i have to grant administrative rights to user to access database which hardly have anything to do with administrative rights. On setting the users as standard users a run time error i.e 'Run time Error 75,path/file error" is occuring whenever they are trying to access Database. I am just totally confused why it is happening. We have outsourced our Server to a comapany & other than administrator there are 7 other user which i as a admin needs to control. All account holders access the server using RDC .

Hope to hear a solution soon from you guys..

Regards,

Hemant Singh Shyontry

• Changed type Hemant shyontry Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:29 AM haven't got any answer yet.
    Monday, November 29, 2010 12:28 PM