Mailbox Deleted - Can Reconnect in Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks

One of our customers has deleted a mailbox via WSP. I can reconnect that mailbox fine from Exchange to get the user up and running again but the mailbox will no longer be in WSP. Is there a manual way we can add the Exchange mailbox back into WSP perhaps via the WSP database?

TIA

Adam

Thursday, July 5, 2012 3:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Marco

Thaks for your reply.

I found a way to reconnect a disconnected mailbox to a new mailbox so I simply got the customer to re-create mailbox in WSP and then did a restore-mailbox from the Shell. Worked perfectly.

Cheers

Adam

• Marked as answer by Lloyd Zhang Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:47 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:47 PM

All replies

• Hello,

difficult question but the most easy way should be the Enterprise Import tool (from an older version: 1.2.0)

http://websitepanel.codeplex.com/downloads/get/259091

Please make sure you make a test for this first as to be honist i never tried this before (so i'm not 100% sure on the effects).

Hopefully this tool works for you.

If it doesn't then indeed editing the SQL database would be "the solution" but that isn't going to be easy (at all).

You can also find ur way around: backup his mailbox to a .pst from Exchange --> delete his mailbox --> add his mailbox in Websitepanel --> import .pst from Exchange console

(that would probably be the most easy way to get it back.. but does mean a bit of downtime)

Regards,

Marco

Key4ce - IT professionals: www.key4ce.eu

Friday, July 6, 2012 6:05 AM
  • Hi Marco

Thaks for your reply.

I found a way to reconnect a disconnected mailbox to a new mailbox so I simply got the customer to re-create mailbox in WSP and then did a restore-mailbox from the Shell. Worked perfectly.

Cheers

Adam

• Marked as answer by Lloyd Zhang Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:47 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:47 PM