none
FSLogix - Intermittent server login timeouts after November updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are running an RDS farm of 4x RDSH servers, 2x connection broker servers in HA, and 2x gateway servers for redundancy. All servers are Server 2019. We are using FSLogix v2.9.7237.48865 for profiles with Profile Containers and Office 365 Containers. We are not using Cloud Cache. 

I'm not sure if this is related to FSLogix or not, but recently after performing our monthly system maintenance on the 15th of November, we have started to encounter issues on our RDSH servers where randomly one of the RDSH servers will just sort of lock up, and user logins will spin on "waiting for FSLogix..." and eventually just time out with the error "The FSLogix Apps Services service failed the sign-in. The wait operation timed out." We have to reboot the affected server before it starts working again. 

When the server does this, I am even unable to login to the local administrator account, which is included in the FSLogix Profile Exclude and Office 365 container exclude groups. So the account should not be using an FSLogix profile. When logging in with local administrator, it gets stuck on "Waiting for User Profile Service..".

Event log is showing Event ID 6001, 6005, 6006 for Winlogon. "The winlogon notification subscriber <frxsvc> is taking a long time to handle the notification event (Logon)". There's also identical messages with <Sens> and <Profiles> instead of <frxsvc>

What I'm wondering is ---- is anyone else encountering this?? If so, any fixes? I was hoping to get some feedback here before trying to uninstall the security patches we installed this month. For reference, here are the updates we installed:

KB4586793 - 2020-11 Cumulative Update for Server 2019

KB4587735 - 2020-11 Servicing Stack Update for Server 2019

Wednesday, November 18, 2020 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We had that problem some months back. Upgraded to version 2.9.7349.30108 and problem went away.

Thursday, November 19, 2020 8:20 AM