Using VS Express for Windows 8 phone.

Question

• Hi can you help me?

I am using Visual Express for windows Phone, Any App that I write runs fine whilst I am running the emulator, when I try to test my programme using Device I receive the following message.

Error      1              Deployment failed because no Windows Phone 8 phone was detected. Make sure a phone is connected and powered on.

My computer is a Samsung Allinone, I have contacted Samsung, but they say it is a  Microsoft Windows problem. I have had local computer people look at it but they cannot help.

I am using Windows 8.1 Professional, 64 bits, with 8 gb memory. My phone is listed under   portable devices as a Nokia 800,  it is recognized by Zune,  I can load Photos and music via my phone, I can registrar my phone for testing,  Windows IpoverUsb.service is running.  I then receive the message No partners Found.

I have read  Mark Chamberslain Sr article that he posted suggesting  removing the  [HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\SYSTEM etc, but I find that when I disconnect my phone the HKEY does not exist, but will return as soon as my phone is reconnected.  Could the fact that my phone is only listed as a 7.8 windows phone be the cause of the programme   to fail, all though I am sure that I read that any Nokia phone above 7.1 would run.

Gordon Cartwright                         

Gordon-Barry

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:27 PM