none
Internal LoadBalancer diagnostics logs RRS feed

• Question

• I have enabled the diagnostics logs for my internal LoadBalancer however I can see the logs on storage on archive logs but I don't see any logs on LogAnalytics eventough enabled to send all the logs and metrics. what missing here? as I said when enable archive that can be seen on storage.

I have tried these query on LogAnalytics but no return.

AzureDiagnostics | where Category == 'LoadBalancerProbeHealthStatus'

OR

Heartbeats | where Category == 'LoadBalancerProbeHealthStatus'

raindrop18

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hopefully I understand your setup correctly here, and we're looking at something similar to this (please correct me if I am wrong):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-monitor-log#enable-logging

In this case, you would have a basic load balancer.  Some of your logs can be accessed through the portal (Monitor > Activity Log), and others are generated and stored on the storage account as long as you've enabled logs on a per load balancer basis as described in the documentation above (Browse > Load balancers > All Settings > Monitoring - Diagnostics > Status - On > Storage Account > Logs - storage account > Save).

Let me know if your setup is different.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 6:23 AM
  • Thanks for response, I have setup differently also I am using standard LB not basic.

I went to Monitor -> Diagnostics setting -> Select My LB ->Add diagnostic setting -> diagnostics setting - > send to Log Analytics

as below picture. as I said the archive going to storage but nothing going to LogAnalytics work space eventhough I have selected that too.

raindrop18

• Edited by raindrop18 Thursday, September 26, 2019 1:10 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 1:09 PM
  • any suggestion?!

raindrop18

Monday, September 30, 2019 5:26 PM
  • I'd do a quick check on your Load Balancer and confirm that you are using a Standard SKU and not Basic:

Load Balancer resource > (Settings) Properties > SKU

I say this because Basic Load Balancer has the options required to follow the steps you give, but Standard Load Balancer does not.  Standard Load Balancers exposes telemetry via multi-dimensional metrics in Azure Monitor.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-standard-overview#why-use-standard-load-balancer

Standard SKU Diagnostics:

Azure Monitor, multi-dimensional metrics including byte and packet counters, health probe status, connection attempts (TCP SYN), outbound connection health (SNAT successful and failed flows), active data plane measurements.

Basic SKU Diagnostics:

Azure Log Analytics for public Load Balancer only, SNAT exhaustion alert, backend pool health count.

The screenshot you shared would be the "Send to Log Analytics" step of this documentation:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-monitor-log#enable-logging

If you are following those steps and data is being sent to your Log Analytics Workspace, then you would navigate to your Log Analytics Workspace resource and run a query under logs (Log Analytics Workspace resource > (General) Logs):

This should get you back on track but if you are still running into issues, please let us know.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Thanks much for detrail response. so you said "standard Internal loadbalancer" send ining the status on metrics (monitoring) not on LogAnalytics? currently the metrics you mentioned I can see on Metrics and graph but the Loganalytics is empty even-tough setup say that. is that the correct assumption?

raindrop18

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:05 PM