none
Visual Studio 2015 Pro Keeps Freezing

Question

• My VS keeps freezing when i look in the activity log tells me that Vsc14Package could not load file or assembly, ToggleDocHeaderPackage could not load or assembly the same with ErrorFilterPackage, PowerCommandsPackage, CustomDocWellPackage I unistalled VS Pro and then reinstalled it because it kept freezing on me but that didnt fix anything it is still freezing on it opens with these errors and i can start a new project or even open one but shortly after that it just freezes and i have to close through task manager.

Still have the same problem with VS continuisly freezing unable to do anything if freezes just trying to customize the options on the start page and its getting really frustrating.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:58 PM

Answers

• Hi JeffHill76225,

>>I did load it in safe mode as admin it threw an exception when i opened a project this was in the output file.

When we open Visual Studio in safe mode, it will prevent all VS packages in Visual Studio. If your project reference these packages, it can't load these packages, which lead to these messages in output window. So I suggest you don't open a exist project, please create a new project and then working with it to check whether Visual Studio still freezing.

Besides, please make sure your computer is not busy when operating Visual Studio. Please check the CPU and Memory when the Visual Studio freezing.

>>here is the link https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5161E49E316C92B!343353&authkey=!AIv1qPFJr6BuOWc&ithint=folder%2cxml

I don't find the installation log in your upload files. Please check the log file which is like below image shows. Your version is Professional, so the log file name is like "dd_vs_professional_2016012812345.log". The number in that name should be installation time. When find out this log file, please open it with Notepad and searching whether there has error message in this file. And if the Exit code is 0x0 in last lines, it means your Visual Studio installed correctly.

If installed correctly and if your installation file is ISO file, to make sure whether the package is well, Please use FCIV.exe http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290 to verify hash of the ISO. Any discrepancy would indicate that the file was corrupted. The Visual Studio Professional 2015 with Update 1, English version's ISO SHA-1 value is 068BA9EF07A765BF24ACA3A4F184C5E1085E5620.

If your SHA-1 value is incorrect, it means that your package is corrupted, please re-download it.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

Then please clear previous installation log (vslog.zip) first and reinstall to collect the new installation log again.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi JeffHill76225,

There are many reasons will lead to Visual Studio freeze. So please try with following steps to troubleshoot the freeze problem.

1. Run Visual Studio as administrator to make sure it has full privileges doing all operations.
    2. Run Visual Studio in safe mode with "Devenv.exe /SafeMode" to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    3. Close all third part software when running Visual Studio, such as antivirus.
    4. Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:29 AM
  • Im not sure how to share the onedrive link
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:33 AM
  • Hi JeffHill76225,

Please try the first three steps and tell me the test result. If all of them can't resolve the problem, then share the installation log here.

Please refer to following link which introduce how to share files on OneDrive. Please read the Get a link part in this article. After getting a link, please share the link here.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-files-and-folders-and-change-permissions-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:46 AM
  • I have no 3rd antivirus programs Ive done the other things already as i read those in a different post i have tried repairing it uninstalling and reinstalling all to still have the same problem. Im uploading the files to onedrive now i did notice it said something about visual studio web developer as i was reading the of that command you told me to do but i dont even that installed on my computer anymore. I will get you the link once its done uploading its kind of a big folder so i dont how long it will take. thanks for the help though i really appreciate it.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:01 AM
  • I did load it in safe mode as admin it threw an exception when i opened a project this was in the output file.

'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'Microsoft.Dnx.Host.Clr'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\runtimes\dnx-clr-win-x86.1.0.0-rc1-update1\bin\Microsoft.Dnx.Host.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\runtimes\dnx-clr-win-x86.1.0.0-rc1-update1\bin\Microsoft.Extensions.PlatformAbstractions.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\runtimes\dnx-clr-win-x86.1.0.0-rc1-update1\bin\Microsoft.Dnx.Loader.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\runtimes\dnx-clr-win-x86.1.0.0-rc1-update1\bin\Microsoft.Dnx.ApplicationHost.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\runtimes\dnx-clr-win-x86.1.0.0-rc1-update1\bin\Microsoft.Dnx.Runtime.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\runtimes\dnx-clr-win-x86.1.0.0-rc1-update1\bin\Microsoft.Dnx.Compilation.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\runtimes\dnx-clr-win-x86.1.0.0-rc1-update1\bin\Microsoft.Dnx.Compilation.Abstractions.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.Server.Kestrel\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\dnx451\Microsoft.AspNet.Server.Kestrel.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.Hosting\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\dnx451\Microsoft.AspNet.Hosting.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.Abstractions\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.Abstractions.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.CommandLine\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.CommandLine.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.Json\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.Json.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.EnvironmentVariables\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.EnvironmentVariables.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.Hosting.Abstractions\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.AspNet.Hosting.Abstractions.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.Http.Features\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.AspNet.Http.Features.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.Hosting.Server.Abstractions\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.AspNet.Hosting.Server.Abstractions.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.Primitives\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.Primitives.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.FileExtensions\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.FileExtensions.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.FileProviders.Abstractions\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.AspNet.FileProviders.Abstractions.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.Logging\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Abstractions\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Abstractions.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.Http.Abstractions\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.AspNet.Http.Abstractions.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.Http\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.AspNet.Http.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource\4.0.0-beta-23516\lib\dotnet5.2\System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Runtime.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Threading\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Threading.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Diagnostics.Tracing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Diagnostics.Tracing.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.FileProviders.Physical\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.AspNet.FileProviders.Physical.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\runtimes\dnx-clr-win-x86.1.0.0-rc1-update1\bin\Microsoft.Dnx.Compilation.DesignTime.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C9js_04'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\System.Numerics.Vectors\4.1.1-beta-23516\lib\portable-net45+win8\System.Numerics.Vectors.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.IISPlatformHandler\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.AspNet.IISPlatformHandler.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly'. 
    'dnx.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Users\jeffh\.dnx\packages\Microsoft.AspNet.Http.Extensions\1.0.0-rc1-final\lib\net451\Microsoft.AspNet.Http.Extensions.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:59 AM
  • here is the link https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5161E49E316C92B!343353&authkey=!AIv1qPFJr6BuOWc&ithint=folder%2cxml

also there was a lot of files it didnt upload it said i didnt have permission to upload them or something i checked the files i had all the permissions so i dont know why it said that.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:06 AM
  • Hi JeffHill76225,

>>I did load it in safe mode as admin it threw an exception when i opened a project this was in the output file.

When we open Visual Studio in safe mode, it will prevent all VS packages in Visual Studio. If your project reference these packages, it can't load these packages, which lead to these messages in output window. So I suggest you don't open a exist project, please create a new project and then working with it to check whether Visual Studio still freezing.

Besides, please make sure your computer is not busy when operating Visual Studio. Please check the CPU and Memory when the Visual Studio freezing.

>>here is the link https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5161E49E316C92B!343353&authkey=!AIv1qPFJr6BuOWc&ithint=folder%2cxml

I don't find the installation log in your upload files. Please check the log file which is like below image shows. Your version is Professional, so the log file name is like "dd_vs_professional_2016012812345.log". The number in that name should be installation time. When find out this log file, please open it with Notepad and searching whether there has error message in this file. And if the Exit code is 0x0 in last lines, it means your Visual Studio installed correctly.

If installed correctly and if your installation file is ISO file, to make sure whether the package is well, Please use FCIV.exe http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290 to verify hash of the ISO. Any discrepancy would indicate that the file was corrupted. The Visual Studio Professional 2015 with Update 1, English version's ISO SHA-1 value is 068BA9EF07A765BF24ACA3A4F184C5E1085E5620.

If your SHA-1 value is incorrect, it means that your package is corrupted, please re-download it.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

Then please clear previous installation log (vslog.zip) first and reinstall to collect the new installation log again.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:08 AM