Subscript and Superscript in Crystal Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am developing application which contains information about chemical compound.I store values in sub and sup tag.like for H2O ,i store H<sub>2</sub>O in sql.So Is their any way to show these values in crystal report as subscript and superscript format.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Crystal doesn't have the ability to display text formatting for subscripts and superscripts. Work around is to create the formula in Microsoft Word and use it to format the formula and then import that into the report as an OLE Object.

Great suggestion for Idea Place where Enhancements are entered by users. The Program Managers constantly monitor the requests and if they get enough Votes they are seriously looked at in a future or possibly a current release depending on the amount of work required.

Thank you

Don

Don Williams
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:03 PM
  • Though you can't directly write subscript and superscripts in crystal reports, you can write whatever you want in MS Word and copy the text from Word and paste it in CR textbox.

Shahla Abbas - Please mark correct answer.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:25 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Crystal doesn't have the ability to display text formatting for subscripts and superscripts. Work around is to create the formula in Microsoft Word and use it to format the formula and then import that into the report as an OLE Object.

Great suggestion for Idea Place where Enhancements are entered by users. The Program Managers constantly monitor the requests and if they get enough Votes they are seriously looked at in a future or possibly a current release depending on the amount of work required.

Thank you

Don

Don Williams
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:03 PM
  • Though you can't directly write subscript and superscripts in crystal reports, you can write whatever you want in MS Word and copy the text from Word and paste it in CR textbox.

Shahla Abbas - Please mark correct answer.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:25 AM