none
Random String in Resource Name Causing ProfaneResourceName Error

Question

• From Werner Strydom, @bloudraak via Twitter

@AzureSupport Funny  {"error":{"code":"ProfaneResourceName","message":"The resource name 'mongodboscat5uzruq67gm' is not allowed."}}

@AzureSupport Clearly I'm uneducated in the art of profanity. I'm clueless as to what is profane After all, its "mongodb"+"os"+random string

@AzureSupport I'm creating a storage account using an ARM template with name [concat('mongodbos', uniqueString(resourceGroup().id))]

Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/bloudraak/status/668510337025441792

Thanks!

@AzureSupport

Sunday, November 22, 2015 8:09 PM

Answers

• The profanity that is being picked up is the substring "scat" (which is being blocked from appearing in DNS names).

The team is actively reviewing the profanity list right now, and are investigating if we can relax / update it to avoid false positives like this (particularly when generated via uniquestring()).

Sunday, November 22, 2015 11:32 PM

All replies

• The profanity that is being picked up is the substring "scat" (which is being blocked from appearing in DNS names).

The team is actively reviewing the profanity list right now, and are investigating if we can relax / update it to avoid false positives like this (particularly when generated via uniquestring()).

Sunday, November 22, 2015 11:32 PM
  • The person who suggested "scat" as being profound, never listened to scat songs (aka a way of singing in Jazz). ;) 
    Sunday, November 22, 2015 11:40 PM
  • apparently "global" is also a profane word????

New-AzureRmSqlServer : ProfaneResourceName: The resource name 'globalsomethingelse' is not allowed.

Friday, December 11, 2015 7:15 PM
  • I tried to make a SQL Server in Azure called "judoteam" and "judoteamdb" and "judoteamserver" ... all are giving a ProfaneResourceName error. I am clueless as to what's profane here. Now I'll have to go with some random naming, while it did allow my Web App to be called "judoteam".
    Friday, December 25, 2015 12:16 PM