none
populating datagridview using DataSource

Question

• How do I troubleshoot when a DataSource is not retrieving data from columns selected from a table with 1 row?  The DataSet is correct, how do I investigate if the BindingSource or TableAdapter or something else is not working?
    Friday, April 21, 2017 3:39 AM

All replies

• Got it working.
    Friday, April 21, 2017 5:19 PM
  • Hi RichardDunneBSc,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I'm so glad to hear that your issue is solved and could you please share your solution in here when you have free time and mark it as answer? So other community members who meet the same or similar issue can refer your solution to troubleshot and solve their issues, and mark it as answer will help them to easier search this useful information, thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sara 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 2:03 AM
  • It wasn't a workaround as such, I had duplicate columns to the right which I didn't notice.  There probably was data in them, but when I realized I had duplicate columns I deleted them.  When I got rid of the duplicates, the data displayed as expected.
    Monday, April 24, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Hi RichardDunneBSc,

I'm so glad to hear that your issue is solved, it looks like I made a mistake before and sorry for this inconvenience.

If you meet any other development issue in the future and you can redirect to the appropriate development language forum like Windows Forms, C# or others to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

If you have any other issue about VS IDE, please feel free to let me know.

BTW, could you please mark your last reply as answer? It will convenience for other community members to search this useful information, thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:22 AM