none
Visual Studio Products RRS feed

• Question

• I having visual studio 2005 version, since i am trying to open .vbproj 2005 in VS 2005 but encountering error like vbproj is not installed. So, how do i overcome this error and how to install the vbproj product in the existing visual studio 2005 version.
    Monday, October 16, 2017 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Ravikumar,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Please check visual studio 2005 product lifecycle, it's beyond our end support date.

Also the, VS 2005 related product is no longer available on the Microsoft official download website.

I suggest you could try with using more advance version, such as VS 2015, 2017 Community version, it is free for everyone to use. You could visit Visual Studio 2017 version 15.4 Release Notes to learn more about the newest release.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:01 AM
  • Hi Ravikumar Dev,

If you use your VS2005 open one VS2005 project, one issue is that whether you could create VB app in your VS2005.

If not, it means that you don't install all project templates in your VS2005.

Or your project was not created by the vs2005, it has the compatibility issue.

Of course, like Xu's suggestion, VS2005 was really old version, you could think about using latest VS2017/VS2015 version.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:50 AM