Visual Studio hangs on running more than 300 unit tests at once RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2013 ultimate and trying to analyze code coverage for one of my project DLL which has around 350 unit tests written under NUnit test framework. I have installed NUnit adapter which works fine till 250 unit tests and then hangs forever and never finishes the execution.

Is there any way to run test cases partially and get a cumulative code coverage report or any work around for running all of test cases at once so VS don't hang again.

Regards,

Monday, April 22, 2019 5:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Vikash,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I suggest you could divide your test in different playlist, then analyze them separately. Then merge the code coverage results.

Please refer to the following steps:

1, right-click test method in the test explorer then select "Add to playlist" to create a new playlist

2, repeat above the step, or add the method to existed playlist

3, drop down the playlist>>select the playlist you want>>drop down the Run...>>select the Analyze Code Coverage for All Tests

4, At the top of the Code Coverage Result window, click the Merge button, then select your all results to merge them.

Note: At the tool bar in visual studio, you can click Test >>Windows >>select Code Coverage Results to open this window

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, April 22, 2019 8:46 AM