In Visual Studio Enterprise 2015, I cannot find the designer for RDLC reports anymore RRS feed

• Question

• User-621232634 posted

I have installed Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise. I cant find the designer for RDLC reports anymore. it used to be on 2013 and older versions. Please if someone can tell me what is going on? why is not there for VS 2015

I really appreciate any help. 

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 11:22 AM

Answers

• User-621232634 posted

I solved by doing the following steps. 

1. Open Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, and select the entry for your version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015. In our case, it was Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015.
    2. Click the "Change" button on the top bar above the program list.
    3. After the splash screen, a window will open. Press the "Modify" button.
    4. Select Windows and Web Development > Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools, and check the box next to it.
    5. Press the "Update" button on the lower-right hand side of the window.
    6. Once the installation is complete, open your version of Visual Studio. After the new .dll files are loaded, Reporting functionality should be reimplemented, and you should be able to access all related forms, controls, and objects.

Our working theory is that the web installer did not install the required components for Reporting during the initial installation - however, the issue seems to be resolved now.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:01 PM