how to add asp.net to xamarin forms project in visual studio 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1701663573 posted

Hi, how do I add an asp.net(.net framework)  project to an existing xamarin forms project in visual studio 2019 and change the debug to emulator 

Monday, September 28, 2020 4:16 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Hi, how do I add an asp.net(.net framework)  project to an existing xamarin forms project in visual studio 2019 and change the debug to emulator 

A Visual Studio solution can have multiple projects.  It is not possible to combine a Xamarin project with an ASP.NET project.  In Visual Studio you would see two projects in one solution.  The Xamarin project is deployed to a mobile application while the ASP.NET project is deployed to a web server.

Visual Studio has solution configuration which controls project start up during development.  Right click the solution and select properties.  The solution properties has options for configuring multiple start up projects.  

Monday, September 28, 2020 10:52 AM
  • User-1701663573 posted

Sorry for the wrong term I am a novice I meant solution how do we add multiple projects in a solution 

Monday, September 28, 2020 1:25 PM
  • User475983607 posted

nitishsantpur

Sorry for the wrong term I am a novice I meant solution how do we add multiple projects in a solution 

File -> Add Project -> Existing project or New Project.  For an existing project, navigate to the project's project file.  

Reference documentation

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/solution/add-an-existing-project-to-a-solution?view=sql-server-ver15

Monday, September 28, 2020 1:40 PM
  • User-1701663573 posted

do you mean the project-name.sln file? or project name.csproj file

Monday, September 28, 2020 5:41 PM
  • User1120430333 posted

do you mean the project-name.sln file? or project name.csproj file

You can only add projects projs to a .NET solution sln using Visual Studio. You can have multiple solutions slns with each solution sln having multiple projects projs   with all slns with their projs making up the complete .NET solution.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 5:12 AM