none
Source for sound effects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, a few questions -

1. where do I find a list of sounds available for Sound commands ie Sound.PlayBellRing()
    2. can you recommend a source for sound effects I can call into my programmes.
    3. I have created a couple of sounds, where can I upload them so that they are available for download by others

Thanks, Joe
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:16 PM

Answers

• This a private web area controlled by Microsoft (Vijaye), where he uploaded some images for a specific game he put on the blog.  You will need your own web area.

SkyDrive is part of WindowsLive (hotmail,  etc).  You already need an MS WindowsLive account to log into this forum, so you probably already have access to SkyDrive.

Try signing in with http://login.live.com/ then from the More option at the top, select SkyDrive and add something to the Public area.  I have found some problems with images that include transparency with SkyDrive, so a more normal web area might be better - but a little more work setting it up although it won't cost you any money.  From the same dropdown list there is also OfficeLive which is free and can be used to upload images to a Web Site with Image Gallery (you don't need the website although a default is set up for you, just upload images).

Alternatively, there are many other free web areas and file hosting you can use (do a bit of googleing and check recommendations).

Post again if you have problems.
    • Marked as answer by oldgrandadjoe Sunday, January 24, 2010 4:40 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:47 PM

All replies