How do I find out driverless USB devices ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How do I find out driverless USB device and USB devices having driver installed ?

• Edited by Rakesh Sharnagate Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:22 AM
    • Moved by Helen Zhao Monday, February 27, 2012 7:05 AM (From:Visual C++ General)
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:05 AM

Answers

• How do you want to count composite interfaces?  For example, if some physical USB device has storage and input functionality (2 composite interfaces), the device tree looks like this:

USB hub

-- USB composite device (usbccgp)

---- Storage

---- Input

Assuming everything is set up correctly at the usbccgp layer, how do you want to count the Storage and Input devices' drivers?  One or both could be missing a driver; what result do you want to see in the various possible cases?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:16 PM

All replies

• I'm sure you could use Setup API.

This is a signature

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:23 AM
  • Hi Pakesh,

According to your description, I'd like to move this thread to "Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development Forum" for better support.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Best regards,

Helen Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Rakesh Sharnagate wrote:
    >
    >How do I find out driverless USB device and USB devices having driver
    >installed ?

Why?  What do you plan to do with this information?
    --
    Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Tim Roberts, VC++ MVP Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:10 AM
  • How do you want to count composite interfaces?  For example, if some physical USB device has storage and input functionality (2 composite interfaces), the device tree looks like this:

USB hub

-- USB composite device (usbccgp)

---- Storage

---- Input

Assuming everything is set up correctly at the usbccgp layer, how do you want to count the Storage and Input devices' drivers?  One or both could be missing a driver; what result do you want to see in the various possible cases?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:16 PM