none
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to run any query from SQL 2005 Database inside my windows application (C#) I have this error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

any help would be greatly appreciated
    • Edited by JakeOba Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:05 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:05 AM

Answers

• Hi JakeOba,

In the SQL Server, the remote connection is disabled by default. Use SQL Server Configuration Manager to enable TCP/IP (or named pipes) on your SQL Server instance (requires to restart SQL Server service). Also make sure the Windows firewall is configured to allow SQL Server to accept connections.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:37 AM

All replies

• Ask your DBA to check SQL server logs. If the DBA needs help, check the SQL Server forum on technet.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:28 AM
  • Hi JakeOba,

In the SQL Server, the remote connection is disabled by default. Use SQL Server Configuration Manager to enable TCP/IP (or named pipes) on your SQL Server instance (requires to restart SQL Server service). Also make sure the Windows firewall is configured to allow SQL Server to accept connections.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:37 AM