Crystal Report Not Open in Server RRS feed

• Question

• User234752261 posted

Hi all,

I am getting this error after deployment in hosting server, regarding crystal report not working:

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Admin/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="QuotationView.aspx.cs" Inherits="Admin_QuotationView" Title="Keshri Infotech" %>
    Line 2:  
    Line 3: <%@ Register Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" 
    Line 4:      Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" TagPrefix="CR" %>

how i deploy my project, it requires any supporting dll or any other process to register assembly,
    please do help me soon, Thanks in advance

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:26 AM

Answers

• User1366487642 posted

In your server

1. crystal report may not be installed.

2. respective version of crystal report may not be installed.

If crystal report is not installed please install it.

If installed then version does not match, please give proper value for version ( try Version=13.0.200.0 ).

Please mark as answer if this helps you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:20 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi sharad,

Actually, you do not need to purchase Crystal Report. You can just download the runtime from Business Objects website and you can view your report straight away.

Few things to check:
    1. Please make sure the CR installed on the system matches the CR used on your site
    2. Please make sure the assemblies used on your web.config matches the assemblies installed on your system
    3. Please make sure the FULL TRUST option is enabled on your site
    4. Please make sure your CR site is running under LOCAL SERVICE permission
    5. Please make sure you copy the aspnet_client and crystalreportviewer folders to your operating folder.

If you are still having problems, you can consider hosting your Crystal Report with asphostcentral.com. Please remember that you do not have to spend monies just to buy the Crystal report license. As far as I know, there is a crystal report viewer that can be downloaded free of charge.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps!

:-) 

Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:11 AM

All replies

• User1366487642 posted

In your server

1. crystal report may not be installed.

2. respective version of crystal report may not be installed.

If crystal report is not installed please install it.

If installed then version does not match, please give proper value for version ( try Version=13.0.200.0 ).

Please mark as answer if this helps you.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:20 AM
  • User234752261 posted

Thanks for reply,

but i am using VS 2008 so  crystal version is 10.5.3700.0,

actually we are referencing the dll for Crystal report i.e. CrystalDecisions.Web.dll; and this dll is not working or not found,

so what we can do for this, i f any possible solution let me soon, and check this link which say we have to

purchase licence for crystal report from www.businessobjects.com ,

http://aspalliance.com/672_Deploying_a_Crystal_Reports_Application_to_a_Remote_Server

thanks

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:47 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi sharad,

Actually, you do not need to purchase Crystal Report. You can just download the runtime from Business Objects website and you can view your report straight away.

Few things to check:
    1. Please make sure the CR installed on the system matches the CR used on your site
    2. Please make sure the assemblies used on your web.config matches the assemblies installed on your system
    3. Please make sure the FULL TRUST option is enabled on your site
    4. Please make sure your CR site is running under LOCAL SERVICE permission
    5. Please make sure you copy the aspnet_client and crystalreportviewer folders to your operating folder.

If you are still having problems, you can consider hosting your Crystal Report with asphostcentral.com. Please remember that you do not have to spend monies just to buy the Crystal report license. As far as I know, there is a crystal report viewer that can be downloaded free of charge.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps!

:-) 

Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:11 AM
  • User13850534 posted

Are you referring local server or remote hosting server? you intalled VS on remote hosting server?

Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:14 AM
  • User234752261 posted

Thanks necro_mancer,

i solved my problem before your answer, actualy CR version is differ on server and what we are using,

just changed the version according to server and now its working,

Thanks to all

Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:11 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi sharad,

I am happy to know that you can solve the issue. All the best to you :-) 

Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:44 PM