none
How to get outlook username of client machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want to get outlook logged-in username of client machine,

Please suggest me any possible solution.

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Jitendra,

Are you building a mail app for Office? Through the JavaScript API for Office, a mail app can obtain the user's information from the userProfile object. This object has the following three properties: display name, email address, and user local timezone. Code sample:

Office.initialize = function () {
        var userProfile = Office.context.mailbox.userProfile;
        var name = userProfile.displayName;
    }

You should note that mail apps for Office have a 3 tiered permission model: restricted, read item, and read/write mailbox. In order to access the userProfile object, your mail app needs to have a read item or read/write mailbox permission level. You specify the permission level in the manifest file of the mail app. You can find out more about mail app permission levels here.

Please let me know if that works!

Regards,
    Gareth

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Jitendra,

Are you building a mail app for Office? Through the JavaScript API for Office, a mail app can obtain the user's information from the userProfile object. This object has the following three properties: display name, email address, and user local timezone. Code sample:

Office.initialize = function () {
        var userProfile = Office.context.mailbox.userProfile;
        var name = userProfile.displayName;
    }

You should note that mail apps for Office have a 3 tiered permission model: restricted, read item, and read/write mailbox. In order to access the userProfile object, your mail app needs to have a read item or read/write mailbox permission level. You specify the permission level in the manifest file of the mail app. You can find out more about mail app permission levels here.

Please let me know if that works!

Regards,
    Gareth

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 5:21 PM
  • Hi ,

I have made it possible check this link-

http://steptodotnet.blogspot.in/2012/10/how-to-get-client-machine-outlook.html

Thanks

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:27 PM