Some options like DELETE,PROPERTY missing at right click menu of sql server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Options missing like delete,property,task on right click menu on tables of sql server 2012.

please can anybody help me?

Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Answers

• Hi

* several times you are saying TABLE and it is look like you are talking about DATABASE. it is very confusing :-(

please check you massage. For example, the pictures look like database menu and not 'database-> tables' menu, but yet you say "when i right click on system tables"

* as i have several Add-on like ApexSql's applications, 'SSMS Tools' (Great tool, by the way) and so on, my menu look different and it is not helping me to compare to your picture but i will try to guess :-)

1. Is your Databases marked Inaccessible, Loading, Offline, Recovering, Suspect, in Emergency Mode, marked for replication, mirror, atc ?

2. can you connect and run queries on your database? can you run backup for example (as backup is under the task menu... it is good example)?

3. is this happened for any database? can you check if you build a new database, if this issue happened.

sometimes when there is problem with the files the database can be seen in the menu, but it get gray color or just some of the menu missing. check if this is the issue in your case.

4. you can try to Repair the Installation maybe

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc646006(v=sql.110).aspx

Hope this will help :-)

[Personal Site] [Blog] [Facebook]signature

• Edited by pituachMVP Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Candy_Zhou Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Sunday, November 3, 2013 5:37 PM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramyakranthi

Can you tell us if this is Standard, Enterprise, Express, or Azure edition? 

What are your permissions on the database?   (These will generate an error, so the items shouldn't be missing.)

Thanks,

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Please click the Mark as answer button if I answered your question, and vote as helpful if this reply helps you.

Thank you!

Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:58 PM
  • You may not have the proper permissions.

Try to connect as Administrator or sa. If you still do not see everything Please come back and give more information on the SQL server version, how do u connect and all error that you get

Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:23 PM
  • hi,

i am using enterprise and login with sa credentials.

when i right click on system tables 

when i click on user defined user defined databases i got 

Tasks,Policies,facets,rename,delete options not available.

please provide help for me.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:03 AM
  • Hi

* several times you are saying TABLE and it is look like you are talking about DATABASE. it is very confusing :-(

please check you massage. For example, the pictures look like database menu and not 'database-> tables' menu, but yet you say "when i right click on system tables"

* as i have several Add-on like ApexSql's applications, 'SSMS Tools' (Great tool, by the way) and so on, my menu look different and it is not helping me to compare to your picture but i will try to guess :-)

1. Is your Databases marked Inaccessible, Loading, Offline, Recovering, Suspect, in Emergency Mode, marked for replication, mirror, atc ?

2. can you connect and run queries on your database? can you run backup for example (as backup is under the task menu... it is good example)?

3. is this happened for any database? can you check if you build a new database, if this issue happened.

sometimes when there is problem with the files the database can be seen in the menu, but it get gray color or just some of the menu missing. check if this is the issue in your case.

4. you can try to Repair the Installation maybe

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc646006(v=sql.110).aspx

Hope this will help :-)

• Edited by pituachMVP Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Candy_Zhou Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Sunday, November 3, 2013 5:37 PM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:29 AM