One app, swipe doesn't work

Question

• Hi,

When I have just one app running in the background and you'Re on the START menu, seems that trying to swipe the app from the left doesn't work.  Is that a known bug or what ?

For your information if I start another app then because there's more than one app running, the left swipe works.

Marcheur extrême...
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thank you for posting your feedback.  We want to make sure we get the right info including your log files.  Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program?  If you are a MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There is a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Window Live ID account.  If you are not a MSDN subscriber, follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps given here.

In case the link above does not work, the URL is:  https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=ADD1-RY34-K4T4

The last link goes to:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/5227f0c3-7750-4833-a99f-6247041ddee9

Thanks

rafael

Microsoft Consumer Software & Services Support (CS3)
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 2:27 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I tried hard to understand but did not succeed.
    It says to look at the programs listed along the left navigation which there's nothing listed there.

Then I tried the MSDN link at the left but I'm not subscribed to MSDN anyway however it presents me with downloads for the feedback tool but again, trying to download, it explains to download the SendFeedbackToolInstaller-x64.msi which I select and click Download but when I do so I have a page saying to right click on the internet explorer bar, located above under the address bar however there's no such bar in Internet Explorer 10 also there's no popup or anything to install the Add-on asked by this page.

Could you lead me to a working place ?

Marcheur extrême...
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:30 AM
  • I noticed you said you were using Internet Explorer 10.  Are you running it from the Metro UI?

The Metro version of Internet Explorer is not compatible with any add-ons, so I suggest using the desktop version in this case.

rafael

Microsoft Consumer Software & Services Support (CS3)
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:56 PM
    Answerer
  • It works from the desktop however
    The Feedback tool is asking for a Team Server URL which I don't have

I tried localhost with no success

Marcheur extrême...
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:11 AM
  • Hey GearWorld,

At what point in using the tool are you being prompted for a Team Server URL?

The process of entering the bug should look something like:

• Enter your Windows Live ID and password
    • Select an area for the feedback
    • Describe the behavior
    • Submit the feedback

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 12:48 AM
  • Hey Steven,

As soon as I start the tool I'm asked for it and can't go any further

FeedBack manager 11 from the tile located on the start screen

To start, add your team Foundation Server
    Enter the Team Foundation Server name or URL that you want to add.
    If you do not know the name, contact your administrator.

Add >

Marcheur extrême...
    Monday, October 24, 2011 10:11 AM
  • Hey GearWorld,

I think you may have a different feedback tool installed. Try following these steps to ensure you have the Windows Send Feedback Tool:

Then you will be prompted to download the tool. After the download finishes, visit the location that you choose to download the installer to. Then open the installer to install the Windows Send Feedback Tool.

Once that has completed you should have a "Send Feedback for Windows Developer Preview" shortcut on your desktop and as a tile on your Start screen.

Steven
    Monday, October 24, 2011 9:19 PM
  • Thank you Steven, it works.

Marcheur extrême...
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Hey GearWorld,

I'm glad to have helped and thanks again for your feedback!

Steven
    Monday, October 31, 2011 8:19 PM