none
[PHP][Web Apps] Uploading manage joomla extensions RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the trailer version of AZURE and was amazed what it all can do. As a microsoft minded user i was looking for a all in platform to get familiar with the cloud consept. I am an accational Joomla user to make websites from a template to edit. So i starded with de Azure webapp to make a joomla website and running in AZURE and online. So fare al went well. As you can do in every joomla website in the admin panel manage extentions , you can add other templates, packed or from a folder...I tryed to use a complete template (not installed) to upload it from my local computer to Azure , or from my local folder, nothing worked. I tryed to upload the template as a new template to use in Azure , nothing worked.
    I have looked it up on the Net and there where several who had the same probleme. Some had solutions but they did not work.
    Some advised me to use a other platform like Azure. But i have windows 10 and using only my Microsoft accounts and a lot of Microsoft applications. Must admit that i was tired of trying on myself or with the information what i found on the Net.First i had planned to expore all the other Azure parts , as i said to get familiar with de online cloud platform, but i spent a lot of time with the template issues and closed Azure. A bit disappointed , maybe ther are restrictions on the free trail version...

Regards , Fred

Monday, November 16, 2015 1:21 AM

Answers

• As Azure Web App provides Joomla! template for developers quick building a Joomla CMS application on Azure Web App Services.  

And I created a Joomla application, tried to upload and install the custom template from local. It worked fine on my side. You can try the following steps to rebuild a Joomla application to check whether the issue is still there.

1, login in Azure manage portal, click new button at bottom navigation, click “compute”=>”web app”=>”from gallery” to create a new Azure Web App with previous template.

2, Select Joomla template in the dialog.

3, Input configurations of site like name of the site, MySQL database info, site settings, administrator info, etc. in the next dialog page.

4, Mark the checkbox to confirm ClearDB’s legal terms. Click complete button when you finishing configuring to create a new Joomla application.

5, login in site Administrator of Joomla. click “Install Extensions” at left navigation.

6, upload template from local zip package directly, which works fine. 

By the way, the upload size of templates is set to 2MB by Joomla by default. If your template package is larger than 2MB, you should enlarge it.

And it will be a great help for us analysis your issue if you can provide your error message. 
    Monday, November 30, 2015 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I am currently researching on this. I will get back to you with an update soon.

Thank you for the understanding and I apologies for the inconvenience caused due to this.

Regards,

Dipin Mathew

Monday, November 16, 2015 3:38 PM
  • Hello,

Check this link:

http://richardstk.com/2013/05/28/unable-to-upload-templates-with-joomla-running-on-windows-azure/

Also this:

https://yossidahan.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/deploying-joomla-on-windows-azure-web-sites/

Regards DOD..

Monday, November 16, 2015 3:47 PM
  • As Azure Web App provides Joomla! template for developers quick building a Joomla CMS application on Azure Web App Services.  

And I created a Joomla application, tried to upload and install the custom template from local. It worked fine on my side. You can try the following steps to rebuild a Joomla application to check whether the issue is still there.

1, login in Azure manage portal, click new button at bottom navigation, click “compute”=>”web app”=>”from gallery” to create a new Azure Web App with previous template.

2, Select Joomla template in the dialog.

3, Input configurations of site like name of the site, MySQL database info, site settings, administrator info, etc. in the next dialog page.

4, Mark the checkbox to confirm ClearDB’s legal terms. Click complete button when you finishing configuring to create a new Joomla application.

5, login in site Administrator of Joomla. click “Install Extensions” at left navigation.

6, upload template from local zip package directly, which works fine. 

By the way, the upload size of templates is set to 2MB by Joomla by default. If your template package is larger than 2MB, you should enlarge it.

And it will be a great help for us analysis your issue if you can provide your error message. 
    Monday, November 30, 2015 8:00 AM