none
Unable to Install Visual FoxPro RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I downloaded the installer for Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0 Service Pack 2. and when I tried to install it I got the following error:
    The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify on your computer that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

My question is: How can I can an installed that will work or what to do in this case?

Friday, March 15, 2019 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hi mihustefan,

the Service Pack isn't a full version of VFP. For installing a Service Pack you need a full installed VFP 9 on your pc. The SP2 only updated single parts of the VFP installation.

That's also the reason why you can download the Service Packs for free. They don't work without the licenced product ;)

HTH

p.s.

For a full version of VFP 9 get yourself a MSDN subscription. VFP is still  part of that package.

Gruss / Best regards
    -Tom
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
    Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible,
    you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it. 010101100100011001010000011110000101001001101111011000110110101101110011

Friday, March 15, 2019 2:01 PM
  • Hi Tom - are you sure VFP 9 is still available in MSDN subscription? It doesn’t seem to be listed anywhere.
    Wednesday, March 20, 2019 1:13 PM
  • It doesn't pay to write the current status, that'll just lead to the same question all over again.

But anyone finding this now or in the future can just download and look in there.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/subscriptions/software-download-list

The problem with Microsofts site is links often change, so simply google "msdn available software" and I'm sure you find this or whatever is valid in the future. 

Online directly in the MSDN subscription descriptions and comparisons Microsoft never listed the comprehensive list of all available software but just the main ingrtedients like what visual studio flavor. Comparisons become completely  overwhelmiing, if they would be done on the basis if the complete list. So just have a look deeper than that.

Bye, Olaf.

Sunday, March 24, 2019 8:28 AM
  • As of today (26-March-2019), VFP 7, 8 and 9 are available in my Visual Studio Professional subscription.

Tamar

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:24 PM