none
All new Intel 6 gen based computers with HD 520 and HD 530 integrated graphics do not work. RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried four different computers and I can not get one of them working at 30 FPS consistently.   I really, really, really would appreciate some feedback from someone if you got intel gen 6 working with integrated graphics.  If it was one computer I would say it is the computer but it is all 4.  Regards, David

Monday, May 9, 2016 7:43 PM

All replies

• What is the error/warning about USB3?
    If you have USB3 issues, the result will be latency and frame drops.

And what is your setup? computer, mem, OS ver, etc.?

--Dale

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 7:30 PM
  • Frame rate bouncing all around and never settling on a 27 to 30 FPS.  The frame rate problem then causes glitches in our app.

I have tried at least 8 different computers from HP, <g class="gr_ gr_216 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="216" id="216">Dell</g> and Lenovo that had the new generation 6 i5 and i7 with HD 520 and HD 530 graphics.  They all have similar issues with the FPS rate.

I wish Microsoft would tell us if this is a confirmed known issue.  The only new i7 and i5 computers that work are the ones with NVida graphics.  <g class="gr_ gr_427 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="427" id="427">Nvida</g> graphics laptops are difficult to find in HP business laptops.

David

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 7:36 PM
  • Maybe, the GPU is not good.

Do not use the Integrate Graphic Card.
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:48 AM
  • The Gen 4 and Gen 5 intel CPU and integrated graphics worked.

The Gen 6 do not.

Most new computers are Gen 6.

David

Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:13 PM
  • Doesn't sound very good. Have you checked out either the opensource libfreenect2 drivers, or the latest MS stuff that you can get from the registry edit?

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/uk_faculty_connection/2015/12/15/kinect-developer-preview-for-windows-10/

Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:50 PM
  • Not familiar with this.  Do you have any links?
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:53 PM
  • I've just edited the previous post, and copypasted the relevant bit below. I have not done this myself, as I've switched to libfreenect2 these days, but it may help you.

1. The first step is to opt-in to driver flighting. You can follow the instructions here to set up your registry by hand, or you can use the following text to create a .reg file to right-click and import the settings:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DriverFlighting\Partner]

"TargetRing"="Drivers"

2. Next, you can use Device Manager to update to the preview version of the Kinect driver and runtime:

1. Open Device Manager (Windows key + x, then m).

2. Expand “Kinect sensor devices”.

3. Right-click on "WDF KinectSensor Interface 0".

4. Click "Update Driver Software…"

5. Click “Search automatically for updated driver software”.

6. Allow it to download and install the new driver.

7. Reboot.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:04 PM
  • The Intel 520 and 530 HD graphics now work with this beta driver.  Will this only be released with the UAP update?
    Saturday, May 14, 2016 5:27 PM