none
How does it work the backup of windows server 2012? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a backup of my system and also a folder in my computer. I have see that in the root of my backup disk I see the folder of windows image backup, and I can see a virtual disk vhdx that I guess that it has the backup, but I don't know.

I am wondering that if my system go down, how could I recover the files from the folder that I have created a backup? Because I would like to recover some documents.

I have tried to mount the vhdx disk, but I get an error that says that there are volumes with unrecognise format and it can't mount the disk.

In sumary, I would like to know how it works the backup feature of windows server 2012, because it is very fast creating the fill backup of my folder, but if I will have problems later to recover my files if the system fails, it is not interesting. With another backup applications they just copy the files to the destination folder o compress all the files in a zip or 7zip format and later I can get the files with no problems. But in the case of the windows backup application, I don't know if I could take this backup to abother computer and get the files that I want.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:28 PM