Auto fit reportviewer table when user change orientation in asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• User-364331943 posted

Hi, I'm using VS2008 and SSRS 2008 R2 and server-side report, we run into an issue with the native Report Viewer seems to always display the report in portrait, but when printing it prints in the correct orientation of the report as it's designed. The problem is that in the report viewer it shows a different number of pages than when it prints. For example if the report is designed in landscape, the report viewer will say the report has 4 pages (because it displays in portrait), but when printed the report is actually 9 pages (because it's landscape). Is there a way to set the report viewer to display the report in the orientation of the report as it's designed?

Thank you.

Saturday, January 14, 2017 8:13 PM

All replies

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi Ali,

When you print a report, you can specify the size of the paper to use. The size of the paper determines the number of pages in a report and which report data fits on each page. Paper size affects only reports that are rendered with hard page-break renders: PDF, Image, and Print. Setting the paper size has no effect on other renderers. 

You can also specify a custom size by typing numeric values in the Width and Height boxes.

reference: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/7d4c156e-5ccd-411c-aaff-bf8ece9f7fee/ssrs-print-custom-page-size?forum=sqlreportingservices

Best Regards,

Chris

Monday, January 16, 2017 6:26 AM
  • User-364331943 posted

Hi Thank you for reply,

I think i didn't clear my issue for you.

My problem is not with paper size, Paper size is A4 and its size is fine in both orientation. Problem is i designed all of my reportview in Landscape A4 and when end user change it to portrait almost 10cm of my report right side going to another page because portrait have less width than landscape. My question is how can i shrink my table (inside report) when user select portrait.

Monday, January 16, 2017 8:04 PM