Creating Azure in-role Caching issue in emulator RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having issues setting up a basic in-role caching. I'm using v2.2 of both the Azure SDK and the Nuget Caching package in VS2012 under windows 8.1 pro.  I created a fresh project with only a worker role (with 2 instances to enable co-located caching).  Followed setup detailed here:

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/documentation/articles/cache-dotnet-how-to-use-in-role

I've looked through various threads from multiple sites and even tried turning off Hyper-V as per one of the suggestions to see if it would help, but nothing has worked yet.  I've also tried extending the timeout as that was the other fix that seemed a closest match ( http://blogs.msdn.com/b/akshar/archive/2011/05/01/azure-appfabric-caching-errorcode-lt-errca0017-gt-substatus-lt-es0006-gt-what-to-do.aspx ).

It's failing at instantiation after some hanging using either

new DataCache(name.ToString());

or

cacheFactory.GetDefaultCache();

I also am using exponential decay retries.  Is anyone else having issues just getting a basic cache instantiated?

Here is my error, which I know is generic and might not help much:

{"ErrorCode<ERRCA0017>:SubStatus<ES0006>:There is a temporary failure. Please retry later. (One or more specified cache servers are unavailable, which could be caused by busy network or servers. For on-premises cache clusters, also verify the following conditions. Ensure that security permission has been granted for this client account, and check that the AppFabric Caching Service is allowed through the firewall on all cache hosts. Also the MaxBufferSize on the server must be greater than or equal to the serialized object size sent from the client.). Additional Information : The client was trying to communicate with the server: net.tcp://KMP_Worker:24233."}

Inner exception: No such host is known.

Stack trace: "   at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCache.ThrowException(ErrStatus errStatus, Guid trackingId, Exception responseException, Byte[][] payload, EndpointID destination)\r\n   at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCache.ThrowException(ResponseBody respBody, EndpointID destination)\r\n   at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCacheFactory.EstablishConnection(IEnumerable`1 servers, RequestBody request, Func`3 sendMessageDelegate, DataCacheReadyRetryPolicy retryPolicy)\r\n   at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.SocketClientProtocol.<>c__DisplayClass5.<Initialize>b__2(RequestBody req)\r\n   at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.SocketClientProtocol.SendReceive(IVelocityRequestPacket request, Func`2 delegate, EndpointID& destination)\r\n   at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.SocketClientProtocol.Initialize(IEnumerable`1 servers)\r\n   at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCacheFactory.GetCache(String cacheName, CreateNewCacheDelegate cacheCreationDelegate, DataCacheInitializationViaCopyDelegate initializeDelegate)\r\n   at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCacheFactory.GetCache(String cacheName)\r\n   at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCacheFactory.GetDefaultCache()\r\n   at WorkerRole1.WorkerRole.GetNewDataCache(Object name) in c:\\dev\\KMP_Worker\\WorkerRole1\\WorkerRole.cs:line 94\r\n   at WorkerRole1.WorkerRole.Retry(Func`2 methodName, Object input) in c:\\dev\\KMP_Worker\\WorkerRole1\\WorkerRole.cs:line 47"
    Thanks to anyone that lends some time to help out :)  Very much looking forward to incorporating this feature.

Sunday, February 2, 2014 8:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please note that  this library is still not compatible with storage emulator and that's why your code is failing. I would recommend downgrading your storage client library to the previous version and your code should work just fine. 

Regards

Monday, February 3, 2014 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please note that  this library is still not compatible with storage emulator and that's why your code is failing. I would recommend downgrading your storage client library to the previous version and your code should work just fine. 

Regards

Monday, February 3, 2014 2:56 AM
  • Thank you for the response, Jaydonli.  Instead of installing the latest 2.2 NuGet package for Azure Caching, I installed the 2.0 version here:

http://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Caching/2.0.0

And it is now working.  I was even able to keep the current 2.2 Azure SDK installed and seems to be working for now.

Monday, February 3, 2014 4:52 AM