none
Uninstall Outlook addin in Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I used http://blogs.msdn.com/dancre/archive/2004/03/21/93712.aspx to create and install a small demo-addin in c# for outlook 2003 under Vista. This worked fine. But now I want to uninstall the addin . So I right-clicked on the setup-project, choosed "uninstall", but the button from the addin is still there in outlook and working. I can not find the plugin under "add-ins" or "com add-ins". I searched the whole computer and registry for the name of the plugin and delete every .dll-file with the name of the plugin - but it's still there!

What can I do about it?
    Tuesday, April 8, 2008 12:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Wuschba,

Another potential reason is that you did not create the toolbar or button temporarily.(You can specify parameter temporary to be true when you create it). In this case, even the Add In is removed, the button remains. To reset your toolbar and buttons, you can perform:

1.       Right click the blank place beside the Standard Tool Bar of Outlook Window, and click Customize button.

2.       Navigate Tool bars Tab, and select the tool bar you created, press delete button.

3.       If you create buttons on system tool bar, you can select that tool bar and press Reset button to reset all buttons on that tool bar.

Thanks,

Ji

Monday, April 14, 2008 3:00 AM

All replies

• hi Wuschba,

if this is on your development computer, you need to clean your solution to remove the registry entries that start your add-in.

to do this, click on the project in the solution explorer.  on the Build menu, click Clean Solution

m.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 11:12 PM
  • Hi Wuschba,

Another potential reason is that you did not create the toolbar or button temporarily.(You can specify parameter temporary to be true when you create it). In this case, even the Add In is removed, the button remains. To reset your toolbar and buttons, you can perform:

1.       Right click the blank place beside the Standard Tool Bar of Outlook Window, and click Customize button.

2.       Navigate Tool bars Tab, and select the tool bar you created, press delete button.

3.       If you create buttons on system tool bar, you can select that tool bar and press Reset button to reset all buttons on that tool bar.

Thanks,

Ji

Monday, April 14, 2008 3:00 AM