Can't update Maintenance Plans in SQL Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using SQL Server 2012 Enterprise SSMS and I created a maintenance plan. I needed to add a database to the backup subplan and I can add the database but there is no 'Save' or 'OK' at the bottom of the screen. I tried just closing the screen and then saving but it never updates. What am I doing wrong. I know that is now an SSIS package so do I need to update in some other place other then Management..Maintenance Plans??
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:06 PM

Answers

• Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3128.0 (X64)
     Dec 28 2012 20:23:12
     Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation
     Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.2 <X64> (Build 9200: ) (Hypervisor)

I found the problem but not quite sure how to resolve it. It has to do with the screen size of the window as shown above.  There is a blank area at the bottom which will show messages like a warning about non-copy backups on a secondary. The window is constrained within SSMS and can't be resized. Well, I just tab until I couldn't see where my cursor was at the bottom, the next tab brings me back to the tab, and hit enter and my changes were saved. It seems that Microsoft missed this size problem.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:57 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:47 PM
    Answerer
  • No. That is a different release and what is happening is different. I can click modify and it opens but a way to save it doesn't. It's as if the modification needs to happen somewhere else but the normal location still looks available.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:07 PM
  • Hello,

Does that SSMS has SP1 applied?

Is there a possibility that maintenance plan may have been updated remotely using SQL Server 2014 SSMS and saved on the SQL Server 2014 format?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:37 PM
  • Hi,

Do you mean the "ok" button is missing from the Back Up Database Task dialog?

Please execute select @@version and post the result. Also, as Alberto suggested, please apply the service pack 1 and updates of SQL Server.

Thanks.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 1, 2014 7:42 AM
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3128.0 (X64)
     Dec 28 2012 20:23:12
     Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation
     Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.2 <X64> (Build 9200: ) (Hypervisor)

I found the problem but not quite sure how to resolve it. It has to do with the screen size of the window as shown above.  There is a blank area at the bottom which will show messages like a warning about non-copy backups on a secondary. The window is constrained within SSMS and can't be resized. Well, I just tab until I couldn't see where my cursor was at the bottom, the next tab brings me back to the tab, and hit enter and my changes were saved. It seems that Microsoft missed this size problem.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:57 PM