Where is the Tools menu? RRS feed

All replies

• The instruction in that link is for Expression STUDIO not Expression DESIGN.  Two separate/different software packages?  Perhaps it's under the VIEW menu.The bread crumb line refers to Expression Blend 4, so not sure the instructions you are reading are applicable to Expression Design at all.

Andrew M

http://www.murraywebs.com

"Nothing spoils numbers faster than arithmetic!"
    -- Peppermint Patty (Peanuts, Charles M. Schulz)

Saturday, January 23, 2016 3:16 AM
  • I have Expression Studio 4, but I have never been able to start Expression Studio.  However I can start each element of the Expression Studio (e.g. Design, Blend, Encoder,...).  I am wondering if Expression Studio is like Microsoft Office. I have Microsoft Office, but I have never been able to start Office as an application, however I can start Word, Excel, etc.

Hong

Saturday, January 23, 2016 3:26 AM
  • That is the case. Like Office, Expression Studio is the collective name for the apps within the "Studio." There is no blanket single app named "Studio."

If you are looking for a "Tools" menu, one exists in both Expression Web and Expression Blend. I just checked the link to the tutorial you provided above, and it has this breadcrumb sequence:

As you can see, the instructions to which you are referring apply specifically to Expression Blend 4, so  it is perhaps not surprising that you do not find a "Tools" menu in Design 4. Just sayin'...  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by paladyn Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:53 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:52 PM