Unable to connect : Azure file container on Windows. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I can't connect my Azure file container on Windows. I executed the Windows Powershell script but I receive this error:

Ping failed with status: TimedOut

In what way can I resolve?

Thank you in advance

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:00 PM

All replies

• @Paky1099 As I understand you are using Azure file share am I correct?  Are you using the latest Azure Powershell Az module?

If possible, can you share the script with us? Note: Ensure port 445 is open: The SMB protocol requires TCP port 445 to be open; connections will fail if port 445 is blocked. You can check to see if your firewall is blocking port 445 with the Test-NetConnection cmdlet. You can learn about various ways to workaround blocked port 445 here.

Just for clarification have you referred to the OS version support accessing file share in which environment?

For more information: Refer to this How Use an Azure file share with Windows

Refer to this article which provide the steps how to connect to Azure files using Powershell: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-how-to-use-files-powershell  

There is video which tells How to Mount An Azure Storage Account As A Local Drive And Manage Files With PowerShell.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, December 16, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, December 23, 2019 1:43 PM
  • @Paky1099 Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, January 2, 2020 5:41 AM