locked
localization problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1451459944 posted

    Hi

    Hi have asp.net project running on a Windows 2000 server. no problems

    I have tried to move the project to a Windows 2003 server. Then I have problems reading from my resource files. It's the same code, just took the code from the 2000 server and copied to the 2003 server.

    My resource is placed in Includes\MultiLanguage.en-GB.resources from the root

    Creating access this way:

    System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = New System.Globalization.CultureInfo(Request.QueryString("l").ToString)

    rm = Resources.ResourceManager.CreateFileBasedResourceManager("MultiLanguage." & System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.ToString, Server.MapPath("Includes"), Nothing)

    I have also tried to change globalization from utf-8 to windows-1252

    I hope some can help me.

    Error:

    Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the neutral culture) on disk. baseName: MultiLanguage.en-GB locationInfo: <null> fileName: MultiLanguage.en-GB.resources

    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the neutral culture) on disk. baseName: MultiLanguage.en-GB locationInfo: <null> fileName: MultiLanguage.en-GB.resources

    Source Error:

    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

    Stack Trace:

    [MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the neutral culture) on disk.
    baseName: MultiLanguage.en-GB  locationInfo: <null>  fileName: MultiLanguage.en-GB.resources]
       System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +1495
       System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +694
       System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +694
       System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture) +103
       System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name) +6
       OaseOutdoorsFrontend.Menu.CreateMenuItems() +1916
       OaseOutdoorsFrontend.Menu.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +422
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750
    


    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300 <!-- [MissingManifestResourceException]: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the neutral culture) on disk. baseName: MultiLanguage.en-GB locationInfo: <null> fileName: MultiLanguage.en-GB.resources at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture) at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name) at OaseOutdoorsFrontend.Menu.CreateMenuItems() at OaseOutdoorsFrontend.Menu.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() [HttpUnhandledException]: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --><!-- This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.-->

    Thursday, November 23, 2006 10:46 AM

All replies

  • User1347187933 posted

    Hi,

    It seems the exception thrown at following code,

       OaseOutdoorsFrontend.Menu.CreateMenuItems() +1916
       OaseOutdoorsFrontend.Menu.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +422

    Not in the code you list.

    Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:55 AM