How do I update Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WP8? (because of unresolved reference in Xamarin.Forms.Labs) RRS feed

• Question

• User67129 posted

So I just added the Nuget Package Xamarin Forms Labs (Which looks brilliant, and will save me a lot of time) but I get the error:

Error 1 Cannot resolve reference assemblies. Please check the reference assemblies. Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WP8, Version=1.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event. C:\Users\jameskennedy\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\XamarinLabsTest\XamarinLabsTest\XamarinLabsTest.WinPhone\MainPage.xaml XamarinLabsTest.WinPhone

My Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WP8 version is 1.1.0.0 so I was wondering how I would update this? for IOs and android I just open the project in Xamarin Studio, find the reference and click update, but I can't do this for WP. How do I update the package?

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:42 AM

Answers

• User3059 posted

Right click on the wp8 solution in visual studio and select manage nuget packages. There should be an update tab that will allow you to update the Xamarin.Forms package to the latest version

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:07 AM

All replies

• User3059 posted

Right click on the wp8 solution in visual studio and select manage nuget packages. There should be an update tab that will allow you to update the Xamarin.Forms package to the latest version

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:07 AM
  • User72694 posted

Even i'm facing the same issue. I installed Xamarin.Forms and Xamarin.Lab from Nuget Manager with available version. And got the below error on build

Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'Xamarin.Forms.Core, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:05 AM
  • User74518 posted

How did you resolve this? I'm facing it now after updating to 1.2.3 Prerelease 4

Sunday, September 28, 2014 12:10 PM
  • User112 posted

Try inspecting .csproj file and see if there are references to older forms versions. Usually those are at the bottom. Just remove those nodes if there are any.

Sunday, September 28, 2014 1:17 PM
  • User66236 posted

I'm facing the same issue after updating to Xamarin.Forms 1.2.3. I have the problem only on my Windows Phone project. @MihaMarkic? I've looked and cleaned my project references and none are referencing Xamarin.Forms 1.2.2. But this gave me an idea: looking to other referenced assemblies and bingo!

The Xamarin.Forms.Labs.Core for WP8 v1.1.1-beta2 that I was using was still referencing Xamarin.Forms v1.2.2. Looked after an updated version: XF.Labs.Core is now 1.2.0-pre3 and references Xamarin.Forms >= 1.2.2.

For other having the same issue: try updating your Xamarin.Forms.Labs.Core nuget package to the latest pre-release version.

Install-Package Xamarin.Forms.Labs -Pre 

Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:30 PM
  • User65404 posted

MatF_Devolis solved my problem, thank you!

Monday, October 13, 2014 6:34 PM
  • User29256 posted

thanks this thread helped me. I was in same position, and the posts here helped me get it fixed. Had to use the prerelase labs package.

Monday, October 13, 2014 10:00 PM
  • User79767 posted

@MatF_Devolis?

What to do when

Install-Package Xamarin.Forms.Labs -Pre

is causing the problem instead of resolving it :)?

I had upgraded to xamarin.forms 1.3.1 but did not upgrade my xamarin.forms.labs nugets. Now, as soon as I upgrade my labs nuget, I start getting this issue saying xamarin 1.3.0 needs to be there preloaded.

I think this can't be resolved without rebuilding the xamarin.forms.labs package. Correct ?

Monday, January 19, 2015 6:43 AM
  • User12403 posted

@ShariqueAbdullah.7492? for 1.3.1 you would need to uninstall Xamarin.Forms.Labs and install XLabs.Forms (2.0-pre3). It's a breaking change and some of the namespaces will need to be refactored to reflect the changes.

Install-Package XLabs.Forms -Pre

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:35 AM
  • User65871 posted

@ShariqueAbdullah you save my day! Thanks.

Friday, January 30, 2015 10:52 PM
  • User6371 posted

Anyone know why this issue affects only WP8 and not the other two platforms?

Thursday, February 5, 2015 11:46 PM