none
Second client machine can NOT be added in HCK RRS feed

• Question

• I have one test computer with two OS: 32bit Win8 and 64bit Win8. The computer name for 32bit Win8 is pc-win832, and the computer name for 64bit Win8 is pc-drivers-s864. I installed HCK on the test server. Then I installed HCK client on the test computer with 64bit Win8 test. In HCK Studio on the test server, the test machine is shown correctly with name of pc-drivers-s864 and platform of Windows 8 x64. However, when I switched to 32bit Win8 test systen and installed the HCK client, the test machine does not shown up in HCK Studio. But the name of the first test machine (pc-drivers-s864) was replaced with pc-win832. As a result, only one machine is visible with the name of the second machine and the platform of the first machine.

I was expecting two machine will show up in HCK Studio as follows:

PC-WIN832                         Windows 8 x86

PC-DRIVERS-S864               Windows 6 x64

I fact, what I got is:

PC-WIN832                         Windows 8 x64

How can I resolve?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:53 PM

All replies

• There was a similar ask on the forum last week.  Take a look at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whck/thread/ef3ea191-7aa0-41d9-9ee0-28c2a8896720.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:56 PM
  • Hi BuildIt,

I suppose
    you have install Win8 x86 & x64 in different partition or different HDDs in the same PC. And you want to execute Win8 x86 device/system test after Win8 x64
    test completed, right?

If you want to do that, you have to set the machine status from "Ready" to "Unsafe" in Job Monitor. And you have to move the MUT to "Default pool" than reboots system to Win8 x86 partitions or HDD. You can change to correct OS after follow my step.

1. Set the machine status to "Unsafe" and move it to "Default pool" in
    Job Monitor.

2. Reboots system and change to second OS

3. Check the MUT status if it shows "Manual".

4. Move the MUT to one new machine pool and reset status to "Ready".

5. Create new project than you can seen correct OS.

Thanks,
    Steve

• Edited by Steve Leo Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Leo Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:35 AM
    Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:34 AM
  • Hello,

I got the same problem and try the proposed answer, but it doesn't work.

Any idea or suggestions ? Are all the described steps to be done using job monitor ?

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:22 AM
  • Before switching the OS on same SUT, first move the existing Machine to 'Manual' state and then move it to Default pool. Reboot your server with different OS , once the heartbeat will up and Machine name changes, move back machine to desire machine pool and change to ready state

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:27 AM
  • Tested the solution with success. However, for the first OS I did not follow this stuff, then I had to reinstall the HCK client.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 2:18 PM
  • I think the reason you're seeing both the clients as the same entry is because the hash for the machine is the same. Take a look here. And this particular scenario is actually unsupported. See link for Multiple operating systems.
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:35 PM
  • Finally, most of the time that I switch OS on the same client machine, I have to Uninstall/Reinstall the Certification Test Client (only the client, not the framework, nor the AppVerifier and other stuff).
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:49 PM